This group is part of the research group GIAP, at the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Universidad de los Andes, Colombia.
Contact: Luis Felipe Giraldo Trujillo, lf.giraldo404 [at] uniandes [dot] edu [dot] co .
We are focused on the following interdisciplinary research directions:
Large-scale intelligent processing of signals
Based on concepts in multivariate statistical analysis and optimization, we develop pattern recognition techniques to process and analyze a large amount of information that lead to “intelligent” decision making. Ongoing applications include predictions in health and security, humanitarian demining, analysis of electricity consumption, and 3D reconstruction in computer vision.
Design and analysis of interconnected dynamical systems
There are many complex processes whose behavior can be modeled and analyzed as the result of the interaction of simpler dynamical systems. We develop mathematical and computational tools that allow for a better understanding and control of such processes. Ongoing applications include design and active control systems in civil engineering, trajectory design in cooperative autonomous vehicles, cybersecurity in distributed systems, and design of sparse controllers.
Technology and society
In engineering, we have a toolbox with theoretical and practical elements that can help address social problems. Ongoing projects include the design of cooperation strategies in poor communities based on optimal control, modeling and analysis of behaviors in high-risk alcohol consumption, and modeling social dilemmas and mechanisms that promote social responsibility.
Luis Felipe Giraldo Trujillo
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Universidad de los Andes, Colombia
Email: lf.giraldo404 at uniandes dot edu dot co
Álvaro Javier Florez
Gabriel Esteban Narvaez
Juan Camilo López
Juan Sebastián Ballesteros
Nicanor Quijano (Automatic Control, Uniandes)
Santiago Jimenez (Automatic Control, Uniandes)
Roberto Bustamante (Communications and Electomagetics, Uniandes)
Juan Carlos Reyes (Structural Engineering, Uniandes)
Julio Eduardo Cruz (Social Psychology, Uniandes)
Jairo A Giraldo (Cybersecurity, University of Texas at Dallas, EU)
Kevin M Passino (Electrical Engineering, The Ohio State University, EU)
John D Clapp (Social Work, University of Southern California, EU)
Alain Vande Wouwer (Automatic Control, Université de Mons, Bélgica)
· IELE 4010 Stochastic Processes. [syllabus]
· IELE 4017 Intelligent Analysis of Signals and Systems. [syllabus]
· IELE 3006 Introduction to Optimization. [syllabus]
· IELE 1500 Signals and Systems.
(Papers freely available at Researchgate)
· C Albornoz, LF Giraldo. Trajectory design for efficient crop irrigation with UAV. In IEEE Colombian Conference on Automatic Control, Cartagena, Colombia, 2017.
· AJ Flórez, LF Giraldo, JC Reyes. Structural Sparsity for Active Control Design in Civil Engineering. In IEEE Conference on Control Technology and Applications, Hawaii, USA, 2017.
· JD Clapp, D Ruderman, LF Giraldo, KM Passino, H Gonzalez, I Fernandes. A System Dynamics Model of Drinking Events: Multi-Level Ecological Approach. Systems Research and Behavioral Science, In press.
· LF Giraldo, KM Passino, JD Clapp, D Ruderman. Dynamics of Metabolism and Decision Making During Alcohol Consumption. IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics, In press.
· LF Giraldo, KM Passino. Dynamics of Cooperation in a Task Completion Social Dilemma. PLoS ONE, e0170604, 2017.
· LF Giraldo, KM Passino, JD Clapp. Modeling and Analysis of Group Dynamics in Alcohol-Consumption Environments. IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics, Vol 47, Issue 1, pp 165 - 176, 2017.
· LF Giraldo, KM Passino. Dynamic Task Performance, Cohesion, and Communications in Human Groups. IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics, Vol 46, Issue 10, pp 2207 - 2219, 2016.
· LF Giraldo, F Lozano, N Quijano. Foraging Theory for Dimensionality Reduction of Clustered Data. Machine Learning, Vol. 82, Issue 1, pp 71 - 90. 2011.
· LF Giraldo, E Delgado, JC Riaño, G Castellanos. Selección de características usando modelo híbrido basado en algoritmos genéticos. Revista Ingeniería e Investigación. Vol. 26, Issue 3, pp. 113 -119. 2006.
· LF Giraldo, E Delgado, G Castellanos. Cinemática Inversa de un Brazo Robot utilizando Algoritmos Genéticos. Revista Avances en Sistemas e Informática. Vol. 3, Issue 1, pp. 29 - 34, 2006.