- Currently I am an Associate Professor at Departamento de Ingeniería Eléctrica y Electrónica, Universidad de los Andes.
- Between 2007-2010, I was an Assistant Professor at Departamento de Ingeniería Eléctrica y Electrónica, Universidad de los Andes.
- My PhD dissertation (under the instruction of Prof. Kevin Passino), The Ideal Free Distribution: Theory and Engineering Application, takes a concept from behavioral ecology, the IFD, and shows some applications in engineering using a multizone temperature control example.
- My MS thesis, "Experiments and technologies for decentralized temperature control" consisted on several experiments in Distributed Control, using a grid of 16 heaters (lamps) and 16 sensors. Some resource allocation algorithms are developed. These experiments are developed using dSPACE. Also I implemented in LabVIEW some RCS features including experimental demonstrations.
- I got my undergraduate degree at Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, Bogotá, Colombia.
- Some Pictures
- Teaching Experience (Before U.Andes)
While I was at OSU, I have participated in developing and/or teaching (as the Teaching Associate) the following courses:
- EE682P (Senior Design Class): The overall focus of this design project is to construct an experiment that emulates a biological system and to then identify potential industrial uses.
- EE758 (Control System Implementation Laboratory): Laboratory study of advanced feedback control techniques as applied to nonlinear and multi-output systems under computer or microprocessor control. The controller is implemented using dSPACE and some of the plants that we use are from Quanser Inc.
- ECE557 (Control Systems Technology Laboratory): Laboratory study of basic feedback control techniques. The controller is implemented using dSPACE and the plants that we use are from Quanser Inc.
- ECE351 (Systems I) and ECE352 (Systems II): Linear systems and models; time responses using convolution; Fourier series and transform; Laplace transform; frequency response and Bode plots; Z-transforms; state variables, state equations; computer-aided analysis.
Before I started my MS studies, I worked as a Teaching Associate and as an Instructor in the Department of Electrical Engineering of the Pontificia Universidad Javeriana (Bogota - Colombia).
- Who's Who in the World, 2010.
- Distinguished Lecturer, College of Engineering, Universidad de los A ndes, Dec.2008.
- Nomination for best undergraduate project 1999 (project developed with Samuel Duque and Oscar Useche).
- Best design in the category of microcontrollers 1998 (project developed with Samuel Duque and Oscar Useche).
If you want, you can take a look to my resumé by clicking here. You can also see my Teaching Philosophy and my Research Directions.
" Cómo vas a saber lo que es la humillación si jamás te hicieron un caño.
Cómo vas a saber lo que es la amistad si nunca devolviste una pared.
Cómo vas a saber lo que es morir un poco si jamás fuiste a buscar la pelota adentro del arco.
Cómo vas a saber lo que es el insomnio si jamás te fuiste al descenso.
Cómo vas a saber lo que es el odio si nunca hiciste un gol en contra.
Cómo vas a saber lo que es la vida si nunca, jamás, jugaste al fútbol."